Australian Council of Recycling
Established in 1983, the Australian Council of Recycling (ACOR) is the leading national industry association for the recycling and resource recovery sector in Australia. It represents some 50 businesses who are part of a successful $15 billion industry that employs some 50,000 Australians, and generates exceptional environmental benefits for our society.
- to collect, sort and remanufacture recyclate into new products;
- to beneficially manage materials from the residential, commercial, industrial, and major infrastructure areas, and;
- with materials ranging from household packaging to tyres to container deposit scheme products to road construction material to batteries to e-waste and more.
ACOR has long worked with businesses, community partners, stakeholders and governments to further develop a world-leading and domestically sustainable recycling system in Australia. As demonstrated by our 10 Point Plan, our core work includes:
- contributing to decision-making for optimal recycling in a circular economy;
- promoting standards and innovation for recycling business’ advantage and for societal benefit;
- driving demand for recycled content products and recycling services, and;
- managing sovereign risks for our members.
To read our full 2019 Agenda, click here.
National Call: 1300 795 822
Email: [email protected]
ABN: 60 574 301 921