- A program of ministerial meetings for board members commenced.
- ACOR secured the inclusion of Recycling in the Coalition's Plan for a Cleaner Environment and the Emission Reduction Fund.
- Represented the resource recovery industry on the development and review of Commonwealth's Product Stewardship Schemes, notably e-waste, used tyres and used oil. Discussion with the Federal Government on expanding the implementation of product stewardship to other products, including paints, batteries, packaging, air conditioners and refrigerants.
- Discussions with the Federal Environment Minister and the major States' Environment Ministers on packaging regulation reform to maximise the funding pool for resource recovery and recycling.
- ACOR secured substantial industry funding in both NSW and Victoria.
- ACOR Energy from Waste Policy (EfW) was published in latter half of 2013. Major State Governments' EfW Policies are imminent broadly in line with ACOR's policy.
- Discussions with the South Australia Environment Minister and his office regarding rogue operators and the proportion of the landfill levy revenue reinvesting to the resource recovery industry.
- ACOR commenced the development of its own online publication with the support from ResourceRecovery.biz.
- New members: Certified Destruction Services, Enviroank, O-I and Tyrecrumb.